HOW TO CHANGE AIR SPRINGSREMOVAL:
1) Turn off suspension switch in trunk.
2) Jack up rear of vehicle and put on jackstands "UNDERNEATH THE FRAME...not the rear axle! Rear suspension needs to hang.
3) To release the air inside the air spring, remove solenoid retaing clip and twist solenoid until it stops at its first stop. (air should escape rapidly)
4) Remove 2 pin connector from solenoid on air spring. Remove air line from solenoid.
Need help getting the line out? Click HERE
5) Go in between the top of the tire and fender lip and remove lock clip where the top of the air spring goes through the upper brace.
6) If bottom of air spring has not yet unhooked from axle housing,use a pry bar and seperate it from the perch.
7) If the spring has not yet fallen out, just pull on it and remove.
1) Put top of spring in its mounting area and connect air line and solenoid connector.When installing a "non-inflated" air spring, use a floor jack or something,(closing the area between the axle and spring, will hold the spring in place) to raise up the rear axle so the bottom of the spring will drop into place on the axle.
DO THIS EXACTLY!
2) Turn suspension switch back on and turn the ignition to the on position.
3) Push down metal tab and disconnect height sensor on its bottom mount. Collapse or push the sensor together.
NOTE:This makes the module "think" the car is real low, and the module will signal the compressor to come on.
4) After the compressor comes on for about 15 seconds(no wrinkles in spring), connect the sensor back to its ball stud.
5) IMMEDIATELY GET UP AND TURN THE SUSPENSION SWITCH OFF!
6) Turn the ignition switch off as well.
7)Install lock clip back on the top of the air spring.
8) Take vehicle off of jackstands.
9) Crank up car and let the compressor run until it stops.
Your all done and you saved yourself a ton of moneyAuthor: Eddie Spinks of American Air Suspension
1991-2012 Mercedes Air Suspension Conversion - 1991-2012 Mercedes Coil Spring Conversion1984-2011 Lincoln Air Suspension Conversion - 1984-2011 Lincoln Coil Spring Conversion1990-2006 Lexus Air Suspension Conversion - 1990-2006 Lexus Coil Spring Conversion2004-2010 Jaguar XJ8 Air Suspension Conversion - 2004-2010 Jaguar XJ8 Coil Spring Conversion1990-2011 Ford Air Suspension Conversion - 1990-2011 Ford Coil Spring Conversion1989-1993 Chrysler Air Suspension Conversion - 1989-1993 Chrysler Coil Spring Conversion2000-2009 Audi Air Suspension Conversion - 2000-2009 Audi Coil Spring Conversion2000 BMW X5 Air Suspension Conversion - 2000 BMW X5 Coil Spring Conversion1993-2005 Cadillac Air Suspension Conversion - 1993-2005 Cadillac Coil Spring Conversion1990-1999 Subaru Legacy Air Suspension Conversion - 1990-1999 Subaru Legacy Coil Spring Conversion1987-2008 Range Rover Air Suspension Conversion - 1987-2008 Range Rover Coil Spring ConversionAmerican Air Suspension
- The only source you need for Air Suspension Parts, Coil Spring Conversion Kits, Air Suspension Conversion Kits, Air Springs, Air Struts, Air Suspension Compressors
and the hard to find Air Suspension Parts!