2002-2009 GMC Envoy Air Suspension Conversion Kit
If you're having air suspension troubles on an Envoy, you should know that converting to a coil spring type suspension has never been easier. Our GMC Envoy Air Suspension Conversion Kit comes with everything you need to do the job....and do it right. Our good ole' American Ingenuity allows you to install this kit quickly and easily. The reason why it's so easy is because the springs securely sit where the air spring was designed to sit, with no additional brackets required! This makes our GMC Envoy Air Suspension Conversion Kit a super easy, super fast installation, no suspension warning message afterward and best of all......low labor charges!
This GMC Air Suspension Conversion Includes:
- Brand name rear springs.
- Easy to follow instructions clearly show technicians how to install the new conversion kit.
- Instructions are included to cancel out the suspension message on your Envoy.
- These high-quality GMC parts are proudly made in the United States.
- The GMC Envoy Air Suspension Conversion Kit is equipped with a lifetime warranty to provide added security and comfort for an extended period of time.
Why Buy GMC Suspension Parts From American Air Suspension?
Expert Experience You Can Trust
Nobody knows these systems better! The owner of American Air Suspension(AAS) was a Ford/Lincoln Certified Air Suspension Expert for over 20 years. During this time, he quickly learned what were the best parts... and which parts to leave for "the other guys". You can trust AAS to bring you only the best parts available for your GMC Suspension. Learn More About Us »
Backed by the Automotive Community
Need a reference? How about thousands of references? The one's that know us the best are the ones on the Ford & Lincoln Forums. Learn how we impact the auto world by visiting: Markviii.org, Lincoln VS Cadillac, FordTrucks.com, Lincolnsonline & many, many more.
GMC Air Suspension Help and Common Problems
What about the computer? Won't the check suspension light come on?
No. Our easy to follow instructions not only tell you how to quickly and safely convert your Crown Victoria to coil springs, it also shows you how to disarm the check suspension message.
Why is your GMC Envoy Air Suspension Conversion Kit better than others?
Our GMC Envoy kit is comprised of the absolute best coil springs available! For more in-depth information or product questions, don't hesitate to contact us at 1-866-211-7531 or email us.
Does my mechanic have to cut or weld anything?
No, never. One great thing about this particular kit is that it includes 2 specially made coil springs that have the ends made to a certain diameter. This allows the spring end to sit down in the seat that the air spring used to sit in! This makes for a quick and quiet installation every time!
Do I have to replace the rear shocks to convert my Envoy?
No. Because the shocks are a totally separate part than the shocks, you are not required to replace the shocks. Will it ride better with new shocks? Absolutely.
How long does it take to install the GMC Envoy Air Suspension Conversion Kit?
This is a very quick and easy kit to install. Installation labor times should be in the 1.0-1.5 range for a basic kit without shocks.
Can any mechanic do this conversion?
Plenty of shade-tree mechanics install these GMC Envoy Air Suspension Conversion Kit Plenty of shade-tree mechanics install these GMC Envoy Air Suspension Conversion Kit, as they are one of the easiest kits to install out of all our kits. If a shade-tree mechanic can do it, someone who turns wrenches for a living will blow through it! All kits come with easy to read illustrated instructions and a toll-free number in case the installer has a question.
GMC Envoy Air Suspension Conversion Kit
Be sure to follow the instructions in the specified order, as they are laid out in a particular order for a reason. Improper installation and even installation in the incorrect order can cause damage to these parts that are NOT covered under your warranty! Always take precaution not to exceed the gross vehicle weight rating recommended by the manufacturer.
These instructions are furnished only to give you an idea of the task at hand. When installing your kit, please use the instructions furnished with the kit, as they will include pictures to aid with the install as well as air suspension warning light disarming instructions.
Tools Required for GMC Envoy Air Suspension Conversion Kit:
Metric Socket Set
Floor Jack or Vehicle lift
Screw Drivers(Phillips and Flathead)
Wire Cutter/Stripper/Crimping Tool
Needle Nose Pliers
We recommend this installation in 5 general categories:
Read general service precaution
Wear eye protection
Make sure vehicle in on a level surface and well supported
Remove factory air springs
Install GMC Envoy Air Suspension Conversion Kit
Disable ride control light(use instructions that come with the kit)
* Raise and safely secure where the rear suspension is off the ground.
* Remove rear wheels.
* Support the rear axle.
* Separate the ride height sensor from the axle.
NOTE: There is a raised part on the outer rim of the air spring that denotes the anti rotation peg position.
* Depress this part, then turn air spring counterclockwise to remove from the upper spring seat.
* Lift up air spring and lay on its side.
* Cut the air line from the air spring.
* Remove air spring from the vehicle.
* Remove the bottom rear shock bolt, using an 18mm wrench and socket.
* Remove the upper shock bolt, using the same 18mm socket.
Removing the shock is only required if you're replacing the shocks as well
* Hold shock stud up into mounting hole and tighten.
* Lower the axle to allow new spring install
* Pull down on axle as you install the spring.
* With the writing on the spring readable and right side up, install the spring.
* Raise the axle and install the lower shocks nut and bolt, then tighten to factory specs.
* Using a pick tool. place the tool through the centering hole in the ride height sensor.
* Swing the sensor arm up until it meets the fender well push pin.
* Remove the push pin.
* Install small wire tie to hold sensor arm in place.
* Reinstall the push pin.
* Reinstall all wheels and torque lug nuts to factory recommended torque specs.
* Lower vehicle.
GMC Envoy Air Suspension Conversion Kit is now complete.
Nobody Has a Better
GMC Envoy Air Suspension Conversion