2003-2009 Lexus GX470 Air Suspension Conversion
If you are having air suspension problems on a Lexus GX470, you should know that it's never been easier to remedy that problem forever. With this easy to install Lexus GX470 Air Suspension Conversion, you can instantly take the parts man at your local Lexus dealer out of the equation and no more looking for a specially trained tech to work on the air suspension again. Just a good old fashioned coil spring suspension that any mechanic can work on. Everything you need to quickly and safely convert your Lexus GX470 to a standard coil spring system comes in this kit. Lexus GX470 Air Suspension Conversion requires no drilling, cutting or welding and even comes with a Lifetime Warranty.
This Lexus GX470 Air Suspension Conversion Kit Includes:
- Premium Rear (Usually Monroe) shocks.
- Rear Name Brand Springs.
- Instructions show how to cancel all suspension warning messages.
- Easy to follow instructions clearly show how to install the conversion kit.
- These high-quality GX470 parts are proudly made in the United States.
- Install help: Toll-Free tech line.
- The Lexus GX470 Air Suspension Conversion Kit is equipped with a lifetime warranty to provide added security and comfort for an extended period.
Why Buy Lexus Suspension Parts From American Air Suspension?
Expert Experience You Can Trust
Nobody knows these systems better! The owner of American Air Suspension(AAS) was a Ford/Lincoln Certified Air Suspension Expert for over 20 years. During this time, he quickly learned what the best parts were and which parts to leave for "the other guys." You can trust AAS to bring you only the best parts available for your Lexus GX470 Suspension. Learn More About Us »
Backed by the Automotive Community
Need a reference? How about thousands of references? The one's that know us the best are the ones on the Ford & Lincoln Forums. Learn how we impact the auto world by visiting: Markviii.org, Lincoln VS Cadillac, FordTrucks.com, Lincolnsonline & many, many more.
Lexus GX470 Air Suspension Help and Common Problems
What about the computer? Won't the suspension light come on?
No. Included in this kit is a unique electronic module that will cancel out the suspension warning messages automatically.
Why is your kit better than any others?
Our Lexus GX470 Air Suspension Conversion is comprised of the absolute best struts and Coil Springs available! For more in-depth information or product questions, don't hesitate to contact us at 1-866-211-7531 or email us.
Does my mechanic have to cut or weld anything?
No, never. These kits are designed to be a bolt-on installation. Installation instructions are included.
Do I need to buy anything else?
No. Our kit comes with everything you need to efficiently and safely convert your Lexus to a conventional coil spring suspension.
How many hours does it take for the Lexus GX470 Air Suspension Conversion?
You should generally figure between 2-3 hours times the shops labor rate, but this can vary greatly depending on the shop.
Will the car sit lower than it did with the air?
No, all of our kits are designed to be at regular factory ride height. If your vehicle has adjustable settings, the height should be in the middle.
Lexus GX470 Air Suspension Conversion
When installing a Lexus GX470 Air Suspension Conversion on ANY vehicle be sure to follow all safety procedures. Make sure that when you lift your vehicle, that you're using a sturdy and dependable jack and jack stands and that the car is parked on a flat and level surface. Failure to do so can result in the vehicle sliding off it's supports and onto you! Make sure you have or can obtain all the tools required beforehand. A list of the tools needed is below, but gloves and especially eye protection should be standard equipment on any job.
Be sure to follow the instructions in the specified order, as they are laid out in a particular order for a reason. Improper installation and even installation in the incorrect order can cause damage to these parts that are NOT covered under your warranty! Always take precaution not to exceed the gross vehicle weight rating recommended by the manufacturer.
These instructions are furnished only to give you an idea of the task at hand. When installing your kit, please use the instructions furnished with the kit, as they will include pictures to aid with the install as well as air suspension warning light disarming instructions.
Tools Needed for Lexus GX470 Air Suspension Conversion:
Metric Socket Set
Screwdrivers(Phillips-head & Flat-head)
Wire Cutters/stripper/crimping tool
Level Work area
Coil Spring Compressor
We recommend this installation in 5 general categories:
Read general service precaution
Support the vehicle in a level area
Remove air suspension air struts
Install conversion struts
Disable ride control
REAR AIR BAG REMOVAL:
* Turn the suspension switch OFF. (the switch is located in the center console)
* Raise and safely support the vehicle.
* Remove rear wheels.
* Remove the upper retaining clip from the rear air spring.
* Locate the air canister at the rear of the vehicle underneath, under the drivers side. Remove the air lines that run to the air bags. This will release the air lines that run to the air bags.
* Remove the lower portion of the air bag from the axle perch.
* Pull down the top of the air bag to access the air line.
* Squeeze the white plastic clip and remove air line from the air bag.
* Remove the air bag from the vehicle.
* Place a jack stand under the rear axle. Remove the lower shock bolt and lower the rear axle.
* Disconnect the electrical connector from the shock.
* Remove the upper shock nut and remove the shock from the vehicle.
REAR LEXUS GX470 AIR SUSPENSION CONVERSION INSTALLATION:
* Install the shock absorber into the upper mounting location, adding the bushing and securing with upper shock nut.
* Install the upper spring locator puck and secure with the supplied bolt, then tighten bolt.
* Remove the jam nut from the lower plate with the black puck furnished in the kit. Place the plate, puck and bolt over the axle perch so that the bolt extends through the axle perch.
* Place the jam nut on an open end wrench to reach under the perch and install onto bolt, then tighten.
* Lower one side of the rear axle at a time. Lower until axle hangs free.
* Using an external spring compressor, compress the spring 2-3 inches.
* Now place the spring up and onto the axle plate. Slowly remove the spring compressor while keeping the top of the spring in line to fit over the upper locator.
* Raise the rear axle and install the lower shocks onto the mounting location and secure the bolts.
* Installation is now complete.
* Install rear wheels and torque lug nuts to factory recommended specs.
The Lexus GX470 Air Suspension Conversion is now complete.
We highly recommend having a four wheel alignment done after a week or so
(after the springs settle)
Nobody Has a Better
Lexus GX470 Air Suspension Conversion Kit