2005-2009 Range Rover Sport Coil Spring Conversion
Having air suspension problems on a Range Rover Sport? Should you do a Range Rover Sport Coil Spring Conversion and be rid of those problems forever? Due to the deterioration of the rubber on the airbags, a factory Range Rover airbag is designed with a 10-year lifespan, so you can bet on having the high-maintenance air suspension repairs after this time. Long story short, unless you want to spend thousands of your hard earned dollars to replace these, there's only 1 cost efficient solution...... Install this Premium Coil Spring Conversion and say goodbye to those expensive air suspension repairs forever! Our kits require no cutting or welding. They come with illustrated instructions and offer a toll-free tech line in case your mechanic gets stuck on something during the install. Range Rover Sport Coil Spring Conversion carries a lifetime warranty.
NOTE: Kit is for L320 Chassis 4.2L or 4.4L engine with or without Supercharger.
This Range Rover Sport Coil Spring Conversion Includes:
- Brand Name Pre-Assembled Struts and Rear Spring Assemblies.
- Easy to follow instructions clearly show technicians how to install the new conversion kit.
- These high-quality Rover parts are proudly made in the United States.
- The Range Rover Sport Coil Spring Conversion is equipped with a lifetime warranty to provide added security and comfort for an extended period of time.
Why Buy Rover Suspension Parts From American Air Suspension?
Expert Experience You Can Trust
Nobody knows these systems better! The owner of American Air Suspension(AAS) was a Ford/Lincoln Certified Air Suspension Expert for over 20 years. During this time, he quickly learned what were the best parts... and which parts to leave for "the other guys". You can trust AAS to bring you only the best parts available for your Range Rover Sport Suspension. Learn More About Us »
Backed by the Automotive Community
Need a reference? How about thousands of references? The one's that know us the best are the ones on the Ford & Lincoln Forums. Learn how we impact the auto world by visiting: Markviii.org, Lincoln VS Cadillac, FordTrucks.com, Lincolnsonline & many, many more.
Range Rover Sport Air Suspension Help and Common Problems
What about the computer? Won't the suspension light come on?
At the present time, yes. The 1st priority of a kit is to get the customer where he/she can drive their car. 2nd priority is the suspension light defeat. Although there isn't a light out solution available now, you can be alerted when one is available. This can be done by simply letting us know the best email address. As soon as one hits the shelf, it'll automatically send you an email.
Why is your Range Rover Sport Coil Spring Conversion better than any others?
Our Range Rover Sport Coil Spring Conversion is comprised of the absolute best parts available which includes the Best Coil Springs on the planet! For more in-depth information, please call at 1-866-211-7531.
Does my mechanic have to weld anything?
No. No welding or cutting is required to install this kit.
Will this Range Rover Sport Coil Spring Conversion work on an Sport Supercharged engine?
Yes. This kit works well with the Supercharged or Non-Supercharged 4.4L engine.
How many hours does it take for the Range Rover Sport Coil Spring Conversion?
You should generally figure between 3-4 hours times the shops labor rate, but this can vary greatly depending on the shop.
Will the vehicle sit lower than it did with the air?
No, our Range Rover Sport Coil Spring Conversion is designed to be at regular factory ride height. If your vehicle has adjustable settings, the height should be in the middle. Btw, just like ANY New coil spring, the car will be a tad high for the 1st 2-3 weeks. During this 2-3 week period, it will "settle" a little bit every day.
Range Rover Sport Coil Spring Conversion
These instructions are furnished only to give you an idea of the task at hand. When installing your kit, please use the instructions furnished with the kit, as they will include pictures to aid with the install as well as air suspension warning light module instructions.
FRONT AIR STRUT REMOVAL:
* Raise the vehicle and make sure it is well supported before removing any of the old suspension.
* Disconnect Battery
* Locate the onboard air suspension compressor under the drivers side rear door at the frame.
* Remove the cover to access the compressor.
* Unplug the compressor harness, then reinstall the cover.
* Remove all 4 wheels and tires.
* Locate the air line going into the top of the strut.
* Remove the line by unscrewing the fitting or cutting the line.
CAUTION: The strut and line may have residual air pressure still in them!! Always wear eye protection.
* Remove the lower strut mounting bolt.
* Remove the upper strut mounting nuts and then remove the strut from the vehicle.
Repeat on opposite side
Front Range Rover Sport Coil Spring Conversion Installation:
* Remove the conversion strut from the package and cut the zip tie holding the washer and sleeve on the bottom mount.
* Remove the upper nuts and washers as well.
* Place the new strut into the vehicle and align the upper studs to go into the existing mount holes.
* Install the washers and nuts on the studs and leave them loose.
* Make sure the lower mount bushing has the steel sleeve in it! Then place the large washer between the lower mount and bracket. Align it so that the original bolt can be put through the assembly.
* Install the nut on the bolt and draw the assembly tight.
* Tighten the upper stud nuts.
Repeat on opposite side
REAR AIR STRUT REMOVAL:
* Locate and remove the air line at the top of the strut by either removing the air line fitting or cutting the air line.
CAUTION: The strut and air line may still have residual air pressure in them! Always wear eye protection.
* Removal of the spare tire will allow access to the air line and inner mounting stud.
* Remove the lower track bar from the hub assembly.
* Remove The lower strut mounting bolt.
* Remove the struts upper retaining nuts from the studs and remove the strut from the vehicle.
Repeat on opposite side
Rear Range Rover Sport Coil Spring Conversion Installation:
* Remove the conversion strut from the package, as well as the supplied drill bit.
* In the upper strut mounting plate in the vehicle, drill out the three existing stud holes using the new drill bit.
* Cut the zip tie off of the bottom of the new conversion strut and save the washer. Making sure the steel sleeve is in the bushing!
* Then remove the upper stud nuts.
* Install the new strut in the vehicle by aligning the upper three studs to the newly drilled holes and install the new nuts to hold the strut. (leave the nuts loose at this time)
* With the steel sleeve in the bushing, align it into the lower mounting bracket and place the large washer between one side of the bushing and the bracket.
* Install the original bolt through the assembly.
* Remove the upper ball joint nut to separate the upper A-arm from the spindle arm.
* Remove the lower air spring mounting bolt.
Repeat on opposite side
The Front and Rear of the Range Rover Sport Coil Spring Conversion is now complete.
There's No Better
Range Rover Sport Spring Conversion