2003-2011 Toyota 4Runner Air Suspension Conversion
If you're experiencing air suspension problems on a Toyota 4Runner, don't spend a dime on the old factory system until you check out our Toyota 4Runner Air Suspension Conversion. You owe it to yourself to check out all your options before continuing in the never-ending air suspension game. A conventional coil spring type suspension system is more reliable, less expensive alternative to repairing the air suspension. Our kits require no drilling, cutting or welding. Toyota 4Runner Air Suspension Conversion comes complete with everything you need to convert your 4Runner to an ultra-reliable coil spring system.
This Toyota Air Suspension Conversion Includes:
- Brand Name Front and Rear Springs.
- Brand Name Pre-Assembled Front Struts.
- Brand Name Rear Shocks.
- Easy to follow instructions clearly show technicians how to install the new conversion kit.
- Instructions are included to cancel out the suspension message on your Toyota.
- These high-quality 4Runner parts are proudly made in the United States.
- The Toyota 4Runner Air Suspension Conversion is equipped with a lifetime warranty to provide added security and comfort for an extended period.
Why Buy Toyota Suspension Parts From American Air Suspension?
Expert Experience You Can Trust
Nobody knows these systems better! The owner of American Air Suspension(AAS) was a Ford/Lincoln Certified Air Suspension Expert for over 20 years. During this time, he quickly learned what were the best parts and that parts to leave for "the other guys." You can trust AAS to bring you only the best parts available for your Toyota 4Runner Suspension. Learn More About Us »
Backed by the Automotive Community
Need a reference? How about thousands of references? The one's that know us the best are the ones on the Ford & Lincoln Forums. Learn how we impact the auto world by visiting: Markviii.org, Lincoln VS Cadillac, FordTrucks.com, Lincolnsonline & many, many more.
Toyota Air Suspension Help and Common Problems
Won't the suspension warning light come on?
No. Our easy to follow instructions not only tell you how to quickly and safely convert your 4Runner to coil springs, but it also shows you how to disarm the check suspension message.
Why is your kit better?
Our Toyota 4Runner Air Suspension Conversion is comprised of the absolute best struts, shocks and coil springs available! For more in-depth information or product questions, don't hesitate to contact us at 1-866-211-7531 or email us.
Does my mechanic have to cut or weld anything?
No. Our Toyota 4Runner Air Suspension Conversion doesn't require any welding, drilling or cutting.
How many hours does it take for the conversion?
This is a very quick and easy kit to install. Installation labor times should be in the 4-5 range for a basic kit without shocks.
Can any mechanic install this Toyota 4Runner Air Suspension Conversion?
Plenty of shade-tree mechanics install these kits. If a shade-tree mechanic can do it, someone who turns wrenches for a living will blow through it! All kits come with easy to read illustrated instructions and a toll-free number in case the installer has a question.
Toyota 4Runner Air Suspension Conversion
When installing a Toyota 4Runner Air Suspension Conversion on ANY vehicle be sure to follow all safety procedures. Make sure that when you lift your vehicle, that you're using a sturdy and dependable jack and jack stands and that the car is parked on a flat and level surface. Failure to do so can result in the vehicle sliding off it's supports and onto you! Make sure you have or can obtain all the tools required beforehand. A list of the tools needed is below, but gloves and especially eye protection should be standard equipment on any job.
These instructions are furnished only to give you an idea of the task at hand. When installing your kit, please use the instructions provided with the kit, as they will include pictures to aid with the install as well as air suspension warning light disarming instructions.
Tools Needed for Toyota 4Runner Air Suspension Conversion:
Metric Socket Set
Screwdrivers(Phillips-head & Flat-head)
Wire Cutters/stripper/crimping tool
Level Work area
We recommend this installation in 5 general categories:
Read general service precaution
Support the vehicle in a level area
Remove air suspension air struts
Install conversion struts
Disable ride control
FRONT STRUT REMOVAL:
* Raise and safely support vehicle off the ground.
* Disconnect the ground wire from the battery.
* Remove all four wheels.
* Remove front rock shield from the underside of the vehicle.
* Remove sway bar mounting bolts from the frame on both sides and the spindles, then remove sway bar from the vehicle.
* Disconnect tie rod end.
* Place a drain pan under the control arm and wrap a shop towel around the lower strut where the hydraulic line connects to the strut.
* The hydraulic line is under pressure, so MAKE SURE to wear eye protection and slowly loosen the banjo bolt to allow the fluid and pressure to escape.
* After allowing the fluid to drain, place a jack or stand under the control arm.
* Remove the lower strut mounting bolt and lower the jack or stand.
* Remove the struts three upper mounting stud nuts and remove the strut from the vehicle.
* Repeat procedure for the other side.
FRONT TOYOTA 4RUNNER AIR SUSPENSION CONVERSION INSTALLATION:
* Before installing the new struts, zip tie the hydraulic line up to the steel brake line bracket, as this line is no longer used.
* Remove the three nuts and washers from your new conversion strut.
* Align the upper studs into the existing mounting holes while making sure your lower mount is in alignment for the bolt. Install strut, and then the washers, nuts and tighten.
* Align the lower strut mount into the mounting bracket and install bolt and nut, then tighten.
* Install sway bar, then tighten bolts.
* Install tie rod end, then tighten bolts.
* Repeat procedure for the other side.
* Install rock shield.
Front Toyota 4Runner Air Suspension Conversion is now complete.
REAR STRUT REMOVAL:
* Support rear axle before removing airbags.
* Remove air line from the airbag by pinching the tabs inward and pulling, or you can cut the air line near the airbag.
* With a pair of needle nose pliers, remove the retaining clip at the top of the airbag.
* Remove airbag from the vehicle.
* Put a mark on the location of the ride height sensor(both) before removing it from the axle bracket.
* With axle supported, remove the lower shock bolts.
* Remove the lower shocks from the axle.
* Place a drain pan under the shock and wrap a shop towel around the shock where the hydraulic line connects to the shock. CAUTION: Shock is pressurized with fluid, so MAKE SURE to wear eye protection!
* Slowly loosen the banjo bolt on the shock to allow fluid and pressure to drain, then remove line after draining.
* Remove the upper shock nut and remove the shock, but SAVE the rubber isolators and retaining washers from the old shock.
* Repeat procedure for the other side.
REAR TOYOTA 4RUNNER AIR SUSPENSION CONVERSION INSTALLATION:
* Zip tie the hydraulic lines up and out of the way. As these are no longer used.
* Install the saved rubber isolators and washers on the top of the new shocks and install upper shock into the frame brackets.
* Being CAREFUL not to over-extend the brake lines, lower the axle enough to install the new coil springs.
* Place spring with the large open end facing up into the upper pocket, then position the bottom of the spring onto the axle plate. (Make sure to position the spring so that the coil is fully resting on the spring plate)
* With both springs in position, raise the axle and connect the lower shocks to the axle.
* Reconnect the height sensors into their original position.
* Make sure all bolts are tight, then install all four wheels and torque lug nuts to factory recommended setting.
* Reconnect battery cable, then lower vehicle.
Front and Rear Toyota 4Runner Air Suspension Conversion is now complete.
We highly recommend having a four wheel alignment done after a week or so
(after the springs settle)
Nobody Has a Better
Toyota 4Runner Air Suspension Conversion Kit