2004 - 2009 Audi A8 Air Suspension Conversion Kit (AA14F)
12 MONTHS WARRANTY
- Shipping and Refund
Fix your 2004-2009 Audi A8 Air Suspension Conversion Kit (AA14F)
Having an air suspension problem on a 2004-2009 Audi A8 Air Suspension Conversion Kit? Before you sink a dime into the expensive and ner-ending air system, you should know there is a cheaper, more dependable solution. Rather than continue to sink money into this money-pit of a system, you can get out from under that expensive and unreliable factory air suspension and get a long-term solution.
A solution that'll work as good 10 years from now as it did from the beginning. Something the air suspension just can't do! Install an Audi A8 Air Suspension Conversion Kit and be done with those air issues forever! This Premium Audi A8 Air Suspension Conversion Kit will eliminate your air suspension problems forever, all while retaining the factory ride height!
American Air Suspension can supply you with the best kit on the market to cancel out those mega-expensive Air Suspension repairs and increase your Audi's reliability! As far as cost goes, the Front & Rear Audi A8 Suspension Conversion Kit is less than replacing just one air strut alone. This Audi A8 Coil Spring Conversion Kit comes with all the parts you need to safely and thoroughly convert your A8 to a conventional coil spring-type suspension without all the air suspension headaches.
This Audi A8 Suspension Conversion Kit Includes:
- Front and Rear Name Brand Strut and Spring Assemblies.
- Easy-to-follow instructions clearly show how to install the conversion kit.
- Instructions on how to disarm the Audi A8 Suspension Warning Light.
- These high-quality A8 parts are proudly made in the United States.
Why Buy Audi A8 Suspension Parts From American Air Suspension?
Expert Experience You Can Trust
Nobody knows these systems better! The owner of American Air Suspension (AAS) was a Certified Air Suspension Expert for over 20 years. During this time, he quickly learned what were the best parts... and which parts to leave for "the other guys". You can trust AAS to bring you only the best parts available for your car Suspension. Learn More...
Backed by the Automotive Community
Need a reference? How about thousands of references? The one's that know us the best are the ones on the Ford & Lincoln Forums. Learn how we impact the auto world by visiting: markviii.org, Lincoln VS Cadillac, FordTrucks.com, Lincolns online & many, many more.
For more in-depth information or product questions, don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Audi A8 Air Suspension Help and Common Problems
1. What about the suspension warning message? Will it be on?
Yes. For the time being, the suspension warning will be on. It can be cleared by hitting the reset button. A suspension warning canceling module is being developed and should be available soon.
2. Why is your kit better than others?
Our Audi A8 Air Suspension Conversion Kit is comprised of the absolute best Struts and Coil Springs available! For more in-depth information or product questions, don't hesitate to contact us via email us.
3. Does my mechanic have to cut or weld anything?
No, never. These kits are designed to be bolt-on installation. Installation instructions are included.
4. Do you have any reviews for this product?
Absolutely. There are several towards the bottom of this page.
5. I live outside the USA. Why can't I order through the website?
With all the credit card fraud today, ANY order outside the US must be called in and paid for by bank transfer.
6. The cost of shipping this kit to the UK is extremely high, is there any options?
Absolutely. After paying by bank transfer, we can ship your kit through UPS to a ship forwarding company of your choosing in the US. They would then take it from there and ship it to you. Arrangements with the forwarding company would be your responsibility.
7. How long does it take to install the Audi A8 Air Suspension Conversion Kit?
You should figure between 4-5 hours times the shop's labor rate, but this can vary greatly depending on the shop.
8. Why does it say "spring and strut color may vary"?
Due to occasional rush orders, some of the batches of springs we get from Eibach are not powder coated, therefore they may be black in color rather than red.
9. Will the car sits lower than it did with the air?
No, all of our kits are designed to be at regular factory ride height. If your vehicle has adjustable settings, the height should be in the middle.
Audi A8 Air Suspension Conversion Kit
Always use EXTREME caution when lifting the vehicle. We recommend referring to the factory shop manual for lifting instructions and lifting points. Please read the instructions carefully before attempting installation. If you have problems during the installation, then feel free to connect via the email which is provided in the instructions that were sent with your kit. These instructions are furnished only to give you an idea of the task at hand. When installing your kit, please use the instructions furnished with the kit, as they will include pictures to aid with the installation as well as air suspension warning light module instructions.
Tools Needed for Audi Allroad Suspension Conversion Kit:
- Metric Socket Set
- Floor Jack
- Jack stands
- Metric Wrenches
- Screwdrivers(Phillips-head & Flat-head)
- Level Work area
- Extra Person
We recommend this installation in 5 general categories:
- Read general service precaution
- Support the vehicle in a level area
- Remove air suspension air struts
- Install Audi A8 Air Suspension Conversion Kit
- Disable compressor pump
FRONT STRUT REMOVAL:
- * Place vehicle on a hoist or jack stands.
- * Remove all four wheels.
- * Secure all four brake discs with a lug nut.
- * Remove the air line connector from the residual pressure valve allowing time for air to escape.
- * Remove the control arms retaining bolt and remove the two control arms upward.
- * Support the lower control arm, then disconnect the coupling arm for the ride height sensor along with the sway bar link.
- * Remove lower strut retaining bolt.
- * Now moving to the top of the strut, remove the black rubber dust boot from the center of the strut. Then disconnect the electrical connector.
- * Remove the three bracket retaining bolts.
- * For this step, have another person to help you. Remove the stand supporting the lower control arm. Using a wooden board, press the control arm down far enough to move the strut forward to clear, and then remove.
- * Remove the bolts holding the upper mounting bracket to the strut.
Repeat these steps for the other side.
FRONT STRUT INSTALLATION:
- * Remove your new strut from the box and remove the nuts and washers from the studs.
- * Place the mounting bracket on the car over the top of the strut. Install the supplied washers and nuts and tighten.
- * With another person to help you, install the strut assembly into the car. Align the three mounting bracket bolts FINGER TIGHT.
- * Place the lower strut mount onto the lower control arm and replace the bolt.
- * Place a jack under the control arm, lift up enough to put full weight on the strut and the upper strut bracket bolts.
- * Lower the control arm, then replace the sway bar link and also the coupler link.
- * Tie back the original air line away from any moving parts.
- * Remove the wheel bolt from the brake disk and install wheel, being sure to torque lug nuts to factory recommended specs.
Repeat these steps for the other side.
REAR STRUT REMOVAL:
- * Remove the inner wheel well liner.
- * Remove the air line connector from the residual pressure valve, allowing time for air pressure to escape.
- * Disconnect the electrical connector. NOTE: The right side strut will have a vent tube attached to it, make sure to cut this tube off.
- * Remove height sensor arm.
- * Remove the nut on the lower strut to control arm. With a wooden board, press down on control arm to pull out the bolt.
- * While continuing to press down and with the bolt removed, pull strut out and back to clear control arm. Afterward, releasing pressure.
- * Remove the three upper strut bolts.
- * Remove strut.
Repeat these steps for the other side.
REAR STRUT INSTALLATION:
- * Place your new strut up into the wheel well and align the three upper bolt holes, then install the saved bolts and tighten.
- * Using your board, press down on the control arm. Align the lower strut mount in place on the control arm and install original bolt and nut.
- * Release the pressure on the board and tighten the bolt.
- * Reconnect the height sensor arm.
- * Tie back the air and electrical lines away from moving or hot parts.
- * Make sure all bolts are tight.
- * Install the wheel well liner.
- * Remove lug nut securing brake disc, then install wheel and torque lug nuts to factory recommended specs.
Repeat these steps for the other side.
DISABLING THE AIR COMPRESSOR PUMP:
- * Remove the knee bolster under the steering column to fuse the access panel.
- * Remove the bracket in front of the fuse/relay panel.
- * Remove the relay in position #1.
- * Replace dash components
Audi A8 Air Suspension Conversion Kit is now complete.
We highly recommend having a 4 wheel alignment done after a week or so (after the springs settle)
Nobody Has a Better A8 Suspension Conversion
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a return, you can contact us at email@example.com. If your return is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
Damages and IssuesPlease inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
Exceptions / Non-Returnable ItemsCertain types of items cannot be returned, like perishable goods (such as food, flowers, or plants), custom products (such as special orders or personalized items), and personal care goods (such as beauty products). We also do not accept returns for hazardous materials, flammable liquids, or gases. Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item. Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on sale items or gift cards.
ExchangesThe fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
RefundsWe will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.
Americanairsuspension.com offers a one year warranty (excluding all Air Ride / Smart Ride SKUs) for United States on all Air Springs, Air Struts, Coil Spring Conversion Kits and other Suspension Kits. Americanairsuspension.com offers a 30-Day Return Policy on unused and uninstalled products.
Americanairsuspension.com offers a 30-Day Warranty on parts used in commercial vehicles. Improper use or installation is not a manufacturer's defect and is not covered by the warranty. The Americanairsuspension.com Warranty is non-transferable.
For complete Warranty details and limitations, please click here.