1990-1999 Lexus LS400 Air Suspension Conversion Kit (TC14F)
12 MONTHS WARRANTY
- Shipping and Refund
1990 - 1999 Lexus LS400 Air Suspension Conversion (TC14F)
It is decision time if you're having Lexus LS400 air suspension problems. Time to decide whether to commit thousands of dollars in the next few years to keep the air suspension maintained or ditch that high-tech system altogether for a lesser expensive, more reliable vehicle. By installing our Lexus LS400 Air Suspension Conversion, you'll have no more trips to the mechanic for them to "try" something else. No more worries before long trips, "is the air giving out this time"? By utilizing the highest quality materials and featuring parts that are proudly made in the United States, our Lexus LS400 Air Suspension Conversion is the ideal choice for a more permanent solution to the problem. To make the installation as painless as possible, our staff members are available to answer questions via email.
This Lexus LS400 Suspension Conversion Kit Includes:
- The Best Coil Springs Preassembled on Premium Front Struts.
- The Best Coil Springs Preassembled on Premium Rear Struts.
- Easy to follow instructions clearly show technicians how to install the new conversion kit.
- Toll-free tech line available for install problems
- Instructions included for canceling out the suspension message on your Lexus.
Why Buy Lexus LS400 Suspension Parts From American Air Suspension?
Expert Experience You Can Trust
Nobody knows these systems better! The owner of American Air Suspension (AAS) was a Certified Air Suspension Expert for over 20 years. During this time, he quickly learned what the best parts were... and which parts to leave for "the other guys". You can trust AAS to bring you only the best parts available for your car Suspension. Learn More...
Backed by the Automotive Community
Need a reference? How about thousands of references? The ones that know us the best are the ones on the Ford & Lincoln Forums. Learn how we impact the auto world by visiting: markviii.org, Lincoln VS Cadillac, FordTrucks.com, Lincolns online & many, many more.
For more in-depth information or product questions, don't hesitate to email us at email@example.com.
Lexus LS400 Air Suspension Help and Common Problems
What about the computer? Won't the suspension light come on?
No. Our Lexus LS400 Air Suspension Conversion comes with instructions on how to quickly & easily defeat the suspension warning message forever.
Why is your kit better than any others?
Our Lexus LS400 Air Suspension Conversion is comprised of the absolute best Struts and Coil Springs available!
Does my mechanic have to cut or weld anything?
No, never. This Lexus LS400 Air Suspension Conversion is designed to be a bolt-on installation.
What if my mechanic has problems with the installation, what then?
The kit comes with easy-to-follow illustrated instructions, but we also furnish a toll-free number to our tech dept, where they can get their questions answered.
How many hours does it take for the Lexus LS400 Air Suspension Conversion?
You should figure between 3-4 hours times the shop's labor rate, but this can vary greatly depending on the shop.
Will the car sit lower than it did with the air?
No, if anything the car will sit a little higher. Our experience is that some front tire and wheel combinations may scrub in turns at the stock height.
These instructions are furnished only to give you an idea of the task at hand. When installing your kit, please use the instructions furnished with the kit, as they will include pictures to aid with the install as well as the suspension warning light-out instructions.
* Remove all four wheels.
* Bleed the residual air pressure by disconnecting the one touch air connector of the height control valve.
* Disconnect the height control sensor link from the shock absorbers lower bracket. remove the nut and disconnect the sensor link.
* Disconnect the steering knuckle from the upper ball joint, by removing the clip and the nut.
* Using a ball joint separator tool, disconnect bottom of strut from lower bracket. Remove the bolt and nut.
SUGGESTION? Don't have a ball joint separating tool? No problem, an old trick is to loosen nut of ball joint almost all the way, but leave it on the ball joint stud a few threads. (just in case" you accidentally strike the ball joint threads, the nut will clean the threads a bit while it's coming off) Now, being careful NOT to hit the ball joint itself, strike the KNUCKLE and hit it like you mean it! If all goes well, the ball joint will pop loose so you can continue.
* Support the steering knuckle securely.
* Disconnect the old strut from the lower bracket, by removing the bolt and nut.
* Disconnect air tube from the strut. Remove the grommet and disconnect the air tube from the cylinder.
* Remove suspension actuator on top of the strut by removing the three nuts and actuator cover.
* Disconnect the actuator connector.
* Remove the two nuts and actuator.
* Remove front air strut by removing the three nuts on top.
* Install the bottom of the strut into the lower mounting bracket and secure with the bolt and nut.
* Reconnect the steering knuckle to the upper ball joint.
* Prior to completely tightening lower shock absorber bolt.
To keep the suspension from binding and making the car sit up really high, DO NOT completely tighten the attaching bolts until after you've completed the conversion, the vehicle is lowered from the jack or vehicle hoist and the wheels and tires are installed. After which the vehicle should be jounced several times to allow the suspension to "relax" before torquing the bolts down.
Repeat steps for the other side of the vehicle.
* Remove the rear drive shaft.
* Disconnect the stabilizer bar link from the stabilizer bar.
* Remove the rear brake caliper and support it securely.
* Remove the bolt and ABS speed sensor. NOTE: DO NOT disconnect the Passenger side brake pad wear indicator connector!
* Disconnect height control sensor link from the lower suspension arm by removing the nut and disconnecting the height control sensor link.
* Remove the shock absorber and coil spring.
* LOOSEN ONLY bolt and remove the nut on the lower side of the shock absorber. DO NOT remove the bolt.
* Support the rear axle carrier with a jack.
* Remove the three nuts and shock absorber cap.
* LOOSEN ONLY the suspension support center nut. DO NOT remove the nut.
* Remove the three nuts.
* Lower the rear axle carrier and remove the bolt on the lower side of the shock absorber.
* Remove the air strut.
Repeat steps for the other side of the vehicle.
REAR LEXUS LS400 AIR SUSPENSION CONVERSION INSTALLATION:
* Install the shock absorber in the vehicle with the three mounting nuts, tighten then install shock absorber cap.
* Connect shock absorber to rear axle carrier and temporarily install nut and bolt.
* Install the brake caliper and torque bolts to 77 ft. lbs.
* Connect both the stabilizer bar links and leave loose.
* Install rear driveshaft.
Repeat steps for the other side of the vehicle.
* Install all four wheels and tires and torque lug nuts to factory recommended specs.
Again, to keep the suspension from binding and making the car sit up really high, DO NOT completely tighten the attaching bolts until after you've completed the conversion, the vehicle is lowered from the jack or vehicle hoist and the wheels and tires are installed. After which the vehicle should be jounced several times to allow the suspension to "relax" before torquing the bolts down.
LS400 Air Suspension Conversion
The factory shock absorbers have an adjustable dampening system and is set by the ECU. The system has 9 different dampening settings to choose from with a combined control of vehicle height and damping action. The system automatically changes the ride height and dampening action based on signals from the acceleration, speed and brake light sensors.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a return, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your return is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
Damages and IssuesPlease inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
Exceptions / Non-Returnable ItemsCertain types of items cannot be returned, like perishable goods (such as food, flowers, or plants), custom products (such as special orders or personalized items), and personal care goods (such as beauty products). We also do not accept returns for hazardous materials, flammable liquids, or gases. Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item. Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on sale items or gift cards.
ExchangesThe fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
RefundsWe will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.
Americanairsuspension.com offers a one year warranty (excluding all Air Ride / Smart Ride SKUs) for United States on all Air Springs, Air Struts, Coil Spring Conversion Kits and other Suspension Kits. Americanairsuspension.com offers a 30-Day Return Policy on unused and uninstalled products.
Americanairsuspension.com offers a 30-Day Warranty on parts used in commercial vehicles. Improper use or installation is not a manufacturer's defect and is not covered by the warranty. The Americanairsuspension.com Warranty is non-transferable.
For complete Warranty details and limitations, please click here.