2003-2008 Range Rover Suspension Conversion
If you've found this page, you must be experiencing some type of air suspension problem on a Range Rover and at least thinking about installing a
Range Rover Suspension Conversion. While this model vehicle came from the factory with a 4 wheel automatic load-leveling air suspension system, you've probably found out the hard way that after the 10-year mark, it can be extremely temperamental at times. Your best solution is a Range Rover Suspension Conversion from American Air Suspension. Our Conversion is the ideal solution to resolve any air suspension problems and create a more comfortable and smoother ride over an extended period of time. Our complete Range Rover Suspension Conversion comes with everything you need to do the Conversion. Kit and requires no cutting or welding.
NOTE: Fits "4.4L Engines" & "Non-Sport" Models only.
This Range Rover Suspension Conversion Includes:
- Front Name Brand Pre-Assembled Struts and Rear Spring Assemblies.
- Easy to follow instructions clearly show technicians how to install the new conversion.
- An electronic module is optional for 2003 - 2005 models to cancel out the suspension message on your Rover.
- These high-quality Rover parts are proudly made in the United States.
- The Range Rover Suspension Conversion is equipped with a lifetime warranty to provide added security and comfort for an extended period of time.
- Get up to $50 back for your old struts(Delphi Struts Only)!
Why Buy Rover Suspension Parts From American Air Suspension?
Expert Experience You Can Trust
Nobody knows these systems better! The owner of American Air Suspension(AAS) was a Ford/Lincoln Certified Air Suspension Expert for over 20 years. During this time, he quickly learned what were the best parts... and which parts to leave for "the other guys". You can trust AAS to bring you only the best parts available for your Range Rover Suspension. Learn More About Us »
Backed by the Automotive Community
Need a reference? How about thousands of references? The one's that know us the best are the ones on the Ford & Lincoln Forums. Learn how we impact the auto world by visiting: Markviii.org, Lincoln VS Cadillac, FordTrucks.com, Lincolnsonline & many, many more.
Range Rover Air Suspension Help and Common Problems
What about the computer? Won't the suspension light come on?
No. For the 2003-2005 models, we offer an optional light-out module to cancel out the suspension warnings.
Why is your kit better than any others?
Our Range Rover Suspension Conversion is comprised of the absolute best parts available which includes the Best Coil Springs on the planet!
For more in-depth information, please call at 1-866-211-7531.
Does my mechanic have to cut or weld anything?
No, never. Our
Range Rover Suspension Conversion is designed to be a complete bolt-on installation.
If I have a 2006, 2007 or 2008, do I need the light-out module?
No. The 2006 - 2008 does NOT require any kind of module to cancel out the suspension warning after converting. The suspension warning light can be removed forever by a good scan tool.
How many hours does it take for the Range Rover Suspension Conversion?
You should generally figure between 4-5 hours times the shops labor rate, but this can vary greatly depending on the shop.
Will the car sit lower than it did with the air?
No, our kits are designed to bring the vehicle to normal ride height.
Range Rover Suspension Conversion
When installing a Range Rover Suspension Conversion on ANY vehicle be sure to follow all safety procedures. Make sure that when you lift your vehicle, that you're using a sturdy and dependable jack and jack stands and that the vehicle is parked on a flat and level surface. Failure to do so can result in the vehicle sliding off it's supports and onto you! Make sure you have or can obtain all the tools required beforehand. A list of the tools needed is below, but gloves and especially eye protection should be standard equipment on any job.
These instructions are furnished only to give you an idea of the task at hand. When installing your kit, please use the instructions furnished with the kit, as they will include pictures to aid with the install as well as the suspension warning light-out instructions.
Tools Needed for Range Rover Suspension Conversion:
Metric Socket Set
Screwdrivers(Phillips-head & Flat-head)
Wire Cutters/stripper/crimping tool
Level Work area
We recommend this installation in 5 general categories:
Read general service precaution
Support the vehicle in a level area
Remove air suspension air bags
Install conversion spring
Disable ride control
REAR AIR SPRING REMOVAL GUIDE:
* Lift vehicle off of the ground and safely support vehicle.
* Remove all four wheels.
* The rear air suspension valve block is located in the passenger wheel well, so removal of the inner fender well is necessary.
* With the wheel well removed, locate the valve block and drain the air from the air springs by loosening the yellow and black air lines.
* With all the air pressure vented, remove the lower air spring retention screw from the bottom control arm.
* Using a pick or similar tool, remove the clip holding the top of the air spring onto the frame.
* After both upper and lower fasteners are removed, you can pull the air spring loose and disconnect the air line.
* Remove air spring from the vehicle.
Repeat steps for the other side of the vehicle.
REAR RANGE ROVER SUSPENSION CONVERSION INSTALLATION:
* To install the coil springs, you will need to first remove the lower shock bolt.
* Loosen and remove the height sensor pivot point on the lower control arm.
* Loosen and remove the sway bar end link using a wrench to keep the ball joint from spinning.
* Loosen and remove the spindle to lower control arm bolt to free the lower control arm.
* Loosen BUT DO NOT REMOVE the two rear bolts holding the control arm(loosening them will allow the control arm to move more freely).
* With everything is done properly, the lower control arm should move freely without binding.
* Install the lower spring seat into the lower mounting using the supplied bolts.
* Install the upper spring seat into the upper spring perch and secure in place using the supplied bolts and fender washer through the hole in the center.
* While pressing down on the control arm, slide the bottom of the spring over the lower seat.
* Using a floor jack, raise the lower control arm to realign with the spindle being sure the spring is securely seated. Reinstall the lower control arm to spindle bolt followed by the remaining suspension fasteners.
Repeat steps for the other side of the vehicle.
FRONT STRUT REMOVAL GUIDE:
* To release the air pressure from the front strut, you will need to remove the passenger side front wheel well.
* With the wheel well removed, locate the front valve block located to the rear of the wheel well.
* Slowly release the residual air pressure from the struts by loosening the yellow air lines.
* Remove the brake hose and ABS sensor wire from the retention bracket.
* Disconnect the sway bar link by removing the nut holding the ball joint to the strut. You may need to hold the ball joint from spinning by placing a wrench on the two flats of the ball joint.
* Remove the two large bolts that secure the strut to the spindle. Pull the spindle outward while pushing the strut to disengage them.
* Look under the hood and locate the three nuts on the strut mount that hold the strut into place and remove.
* With the strut removed, you can now gain access to the hose connection. Remove the fitting to release the hose.
Repeat steps for the other side.
FRONT RANGE ROVER SUSPENSION CONVERSION INSTALLATION:
* Position the coil over strut into the mounting location while aligning the three studs with the strut tower and fasten loosely with the three nuts.
* Connect the lower strut mounting bracket to the spindle, then replace the bolts and tighten.
* Connect the sway bar link to the strut bracket and tighten the bolt.
* Re-attach the brake hose and sensor wire to the bracket onto the strut.
* Reinstall the inner wheel well liner, then replace the wheel and tighten.
* Repeat steps for the other side of the vehicle.
* Reinstall all four wheels and torque lug nuts to factory recommended torque.
* After completing the installation of both sides, lower vehicle to the ground and tighten upper strut mount nuts under the hood.
We highly recommend having a Four Wheel Alignment done after a week or so after the springs settle.
Nobody Has a Better
Range Rover Suspension Conversion Kit